Updated March 26, 2020
Stony Point Center is constantly adjusting our operations to unite with efforts to flatten the curve and slow the spread of COVID-19. Below is a summary of our current operational decisions and response efforts. Please check back here at stonypointcenter.org/covid-19 for updates.
- Our campus is currently closed. We closed on March 15, and will remain closed at least through April 12. This period of time may be extended. Please check back as we continue to re-evaluate the situation.
- Our offices are operating remotely. You can reach our staffmembers at their normal emails. If you need to reach us via phone, please call 845-786-5674 x101 and leave a message. We are checking our messages at least once a day and will respond promptly. Click here for a directory of emails and extensions.
- We are rescheduling groups for later in 2020. If your event or booking was cancelled due to COVID-19, or if it was scheduled to take place after May 10 but you are unsure of whether or not to cancel, we invite you to be in touch with Mary Romano at x101 to discuss options. We look forward to welcoming everyone back as soon as possible and working with you to plan a new booking for later in the year. Scroll down to see our policy regarding rescheduling & cancellations due COVID-19.
Social distance must not equal social isolation — we all need to draw on our resilience and spiritual grounding to support each other in new ways during this difficult time. Stony Point Center and the Community of Living Traditions are extending our practices of radical hospitality and multifaith community into the virtual sphere. Follow us on social media and click here to sign up for our email list to learn more.
Rescheduling & Cancellations Policy:
Our goal is to make sure we all work together to make your event happen – if not now, at some point in the future. Our preference, unless you are determining whether or not to purchase airfare that cannot be refunded, is to put off the decision about whether to cancel your event until two to three weeks before your date.
- If your event is three weeks or less away and you choose to postpone to a new date within one year, we will move your entire deposit to your next event.
- Due to the restrictions on gatherings imposed by local government, we are not holding groups responsible for their deposit or contract guarantee. We will hold your deposit or return your entire deposit, whichever is best for your organization.
- If your event falls outside of the window of time in which there are local government restrictions on gathering, we will hold you responsible only for the deposit of 25% of your contract (as opposed to the normal requirement of your contract that you would be responsible for 80%).
- If you are canceling entirely for an event that is after restrictions are lifted, we will keep your deposit of 25%. We would be happy to rebook you if you change your mind as your date approaches and these same dates or other dates that work for you are still available.
Rockland County: Stony Point Center is located in Rockland County, NY. Click here for updates from our county's Health Department.
New York State: Click here for updates from the NYS Department of Health.
Center for Disease Control:
- Instructions for Mass Gatherings or Large Community Events
- Updated Posters, Fact Sheets & Videos
- Share Facts about COVID-19
We value you as partners and fellow travelers in the movement to heal and transform this world. Together we will get through this!