Updated September 7, 2020
Join members of the Community of Living Traditions as we meet online to live into a "New Normal" — Wednesdays at 5pm eastern time, via Zoom Conference Call.
‘Living into a New Normal’ is a series that the Community of Living Traditions at Stony Point Center has created to explore the world that the COVID19 pandemic reveals. Using the lenses of our religious and spiritual traditions, our experiences of intentional community and mutual aid, and our connection to intersectional movements for justice and peace, we will try to understand and imagine how to harness this difficult time to live into a shared journey toward a new normal that will serve the needs of all.
Click the links below to learn more and to find registration links.
Upcoming Sessions (current frequency is every other Wednesday):
- September 16 — Preparing for the election, spiritually and politically
- September 30 — Preparing for the election, spiritually and politically, CONTINUED (check back for details)
- October 14 — Book Discussion of Octavia's Brood (check back for details)
- April 15 – Book Discussion: Parable of the Sower
- April 22 — Earth Day Meditation
- April 29 – Ramadan Dialogue
- May 6 – Book Discussion: Parable of the Talents
- May 13 — Cooking Through COVID19
- May 20 — A "Beyond COVID19" Community Concert and Conversation
- May 27 — Torah Revelations in the Time of Pandemic with Rabbi Lynn Gottlieb
- June 3 — Parable of the Sower and Talents, Part 3
- June10 — Dialogue on Community with "Nuns & Nones"
- June 17 — Juneteenth Celebration & Discussion
- June 24 — Stonewall Commemoration
- July 1 — Book Discussion: Emergent Strategy by adrienne maree brown, part 1
- July 8 — Justice for Black Lives in Ambazonia
- July 15 — Oppose Palestine Lands Annexation
- July 22 — Defunding and Re-Imagining Police
- July 29 — Book Discussion: Emergent Strategy by adrienne maree brown, part 2
- September 2 — Book Discussion: Emergent Strategy by adrienne maree brown, part 3